Company: Marathon Petroleum
Job description: Location Name: Cadiz, OH
Location Address: 43071 Industrial Park Road, Cadiz, OH, United States (US), 43907
Job/Requisition ID: 63604
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: 12-hour Shift
Job Title: Board Operator
- Provides constant monitoring of instrument control panel and adjusts controls to regulate process variables (e.g., pressures, flow rates, temperatures, fluid levels) as necessary to maintain purity and operating efficiency within design operating parameters
- Oversees, reads, and maintains equipment controlling temperature and flow of product
- Monitors gauges, inspects product, troubleshoots as needed, and handles routine maintenance
- Records data from equipment readings
- Upon qualification, issues and monitors safe work permits
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Gas Plant Operator job
- Operates within regulations of Process Safety Management (PSM) and environment permit requirements
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Attention to Detail Develops ability to be careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Communication Develops ability to communicate effectively verbally and non-verbally; writes as appropriate for audience needs and conveys information effectively and professionally to others.
- Computer & Digital Literacy Develops ability to access, manage, understand, integrate, communicate, evaluate and create information safely and appropriately through digital devices and networked technologies.
- Mechanical Aptitude Develops ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles such as, but not limited to, sounds, heat conduction, velocity, gravity, friction, pressure, kinetic and potential energy, etc when working or using mechanical machinery.
- Operation & Control Develops understanding of how process controls and automation are used to operate equipment in process plant.
- Operation Monitoring Develops ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Quality Control Analysis Develops ability to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Safety Applies in difficult or complex situations ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Systems Analysis Develops ability to determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: None
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in . Right to Work Statement or .
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit .
Location: Cadiz, OH
Job date: Fri, 25 Jun 2021 07:41:10 GMT
Apply for the job now!