Company: B-Stock Solutions Inc.
Job description: THE COMPANY
B-Stock is the world’s largest online marketplace for returned, excess, and other liquidation merchandise. Our customers range from SMB to the world’s largest brands and retailers (including all ten of the top 10 U.S. retailers). Led by eBay veterans, B-Stock completes over 200,000 transactions per year, selling 135 million items annually, making us a clear leader in the space.
The amount of inventory that is returned or unsold each year is growing very rapidly; in 2020, the value of this merchandise was estimated at $500 billion. Much of it ends up being liquidated for pennies on the dollar; some of it is even destroyed or landfilled. We believe there is tremendous value in and demand for this inventory – no matter the category, condition, or location. The B-Stock platform gives buyers a simple and direct way to buy valuable products and offers sellers a trusted replacement for traditional liquidation and a critical boost in operational efficiency.
Backed by top investors including Spectrum Equity, True Ventures, and Susquehanna Growth Equity, B-Stock runs lean, fast, and shows no signs of slowing down. Our core values (teamwork, honesty, humor, and the passion to build something great) have shaped the company we are today and will certainly drive our success for many years to come.
For more information, visit
Internally at B-Stock, this position is referred to as an “Auction Listings Technician”. We are seeking an Auction Listings Technician who will work with our clients to create and/or review auctions for sale on our platform. The method in which we accomplish this differs from client to client; however, in all cases, we are looking for candidates who demonstrate both speed and accuracy.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
– Strategically divide (i.e. “lot”) master files of inventory into discrete auctions using best practices, which vary by the marketplace, and subject matter expertise to maximize recovery or velocity, depending on client needs – Document department and team member metrics, including–but not limited to–auctions reviewed, errors made, and classification of types of errors made
– Execute judgment calls to list or review auctions as accurately as possible with regard to shipping information, item condition, and lot composition
– Determine the best workflow to ensure auctions are created and reviewed within 24 hours of being received from the client, including arrival and departure times
– Foster productive communication with Account Managers to work together in crafting approaches that exceed client expectations while maintaining efficiency, accuracy, and scalability
– Using their specialized knowledge and experience, submit suggestions for improvement to existing technological tools to accommodate changes made by the client, or improve the functionality and efficiency of the tools
– Submit process bottlenecks to management for greater visibility and ability to coordinate across departments to develop and implement solutions
– Assist in onboarding new sellers/locations and streamlining processes
– When and where needed, be willing to provide expanded customer service, staying later in the day to process or review auctions sent late by important clients
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS JOB SKILLS AND ABILITIES – High School Diploma or GED
– Attention to detail is critical
– Perfect written and verbal English skills
– Advanced or proficient knowledge in Excel and Google Sheets (pivot tables, vlookups)
– Experience in working in a fast-paced and multi-deadline driven environment
– Results-oriented with the ability to self-manage, all while contributing to a positive work environment
– A team player, someone that naturally collaborates with others (at all levels) and doesn’t hesitate to engage other teams to achieve the best results
– Problem solving and critical thinking skills to find new ways of processing client information into auctions
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS – Previous background experience rated to online eCommerce Marketplace or B2B experiences such as Amazon, eBay, Shopify and Woocommerce
– Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education or experience
“NICE TO HAVE” QUALIFICATIONS – Create Microsoft Excel macros to automate consistently repeated steps in listing or QA processes
– Knowledge of Ruby, Python, MySQL, or other popular programming languages is a plus
– Prior working experience in HTML and Magento is a plus
Make Each Dollar Count
Whether it’s the recovery amount or a buyer’s budget, money matters to all of our clients. And because each dollar matters to them, it matters to us.
Take Our Work Seriously, Not Ourselves
Everything at B-Stock continues to grow – everything but our egos, that is. We’re not afraid to let loose and laugh (often at ourselves).
Do The Hard Things Today That Will Pay Off Tomorrow
We’re willing to sacrifice and endure, fail and adapt to reach our long-term goals.
Use Trust As The Best Measure Of Success
The trust we earn along the way is more valuable than money. Without trust from both our buyers and sellers, our business won’t succeed.
Find Strength In Numbers
Use our passion for data to provide value to our customers, improve ourselves, and develop new ways to delight our buyers and sellers.
- Competitive compensation packages including bonus and options
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid Time Off, telecommuting and matching 401(K)
- Support for continuing education
- Team off-sites, social events and extracurricular activities are a staple
- Snacks, drinks, and the occasional box of donuts
No applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination/harassment based on “protected categories,” B-Stock also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at B-Stock.
US Work Authorization required.
**Please note that this opening is for one (1) position, however, we are open to candidates in any of the listed locations **
Location: Orlando, FL
Job date: Sat, 19 Jun 2021 07:36:05 GMT
Apply for the job now!