Company: Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Job description: Summary
The RN Board Runner coordinates the daily assignments and staffing functions of the OR suites. Facilitates staff, patient, surgeon, anesthesia, and case movement to provide optimum service and patient care. Models appropriate behavior as exemplified in MLH Mission, Vision and Values.
Graduate of approved nursing program.
Effective August 1, 2014, new hires (newly hired or rehired at MLH) entering this job must also meet one of the following requirements:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Nursing from an accredited program;
- Be currently enrolled in an accredited nursing program to complete a BSN or MSN within 3 years of hire date (written agreement required); or
- Sign a written agreement to enroll in an accredited nursing program to complete a BSN or MSN within 3 years of hire date.
At least two (2) years of related work experience in surgery.
R.N. with current license to practice as a professional nurse in the state where work is performed.
Effective June 1, 2018: All new hires and transfers are required to have BLS certification.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in operating room procedures, surgical cases, and surgical equipment & supplies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Skill and proficiency in applying highly technical principles, concepts and techniques, which are central to the professional discipline of Nursing.
- Analytical skills necessary to assess complex patient conditions effectively and to develop comprehensive plans of care.
- Synthesizes multiple sources of information to assist in the resolution of human responses to complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain working relationships with physicians and work collaboratively with health professionals at all levels to achieve established goals.
- Demonstrated excellent facilitation skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and in a team environment, making decisions and directing work and patient flow to achieve maximum work unit efficiency.
- Ability to adapt to unpredictable situations within the work setting.
- General computer skills required, advanced computer skills preferred.
- Ability to use initiative in decision-making; independent judgment and critical thinking skills.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Plans staffing assignments, makes room assignments, and coordinates daily schedule activity for the Operating room.
- Communicates with physicians to advise on case status and room availability.
- Serves as point person for communicating with other departments to facilitate daily operations.
- Performs circulator and scrub roles as needed.
- Demonstrates and promotes professional practice of all members of the nursing care team.
- The physical activities of this position may include climbing, pushing, standing, hearing, walking, reaching, grasping, kneeling, stooping, and repetitive motion.
- Must have good balance and coordination.
- The physical requirements of this position are: medium work – exerting up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 25 lbs. of force frequently.
- The Associate is required to have close visual acuity including color, depth perception, and field of vision to perform an activity, such as assessing patients, preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; or extensive reading.
- Frequent invasive and non-invasive patient contact.
- Exposure to patient body fluids as well as exposure to hazardous or poisonous materials.
- Ability to react quickly to emergency situations.
- Ability to handle and administer narcotics as needed.
Location: Germantown, TN
Job date: Thu, 24 Jun 2021 06:29:49 GMT
Apply for the job now!