Job description: Position Summary
Samsung Ads is an advanced advertising platform where advertisers find and connect with audiences
across over 100M Samsung Households around the world. Samsung Ads delivers high-quality audience
targeting powered by three key components: first-party audience data at scale, world-class data science,
and brand-safe cross-device ad inventory. Using our data, insights, and scale, we help advertisers reach
consumers across CTV, our native apps, mobile and desktop. With Samsung Ads, advertisers can buy
the way they want, reach who they need, and prove business results.
Our purpose is to deliver unparalleled results for our customers. By using the industry’s most
comprehensive data to build the world’s smartest connected audience platform, Samsung Ads is uniquely
positioned to transform the advertising landscape. We deliver on Samsung Electronics’ 51-year
commitment to excellence through smart, easy, effective advertising solutions to make advanced video
Role and Responsibilities
- Site Reliability Engineer is a software engineer responsible for ensuring that the Samsung’s platform services are designed, implemented, deployed, and operated such that they are highly available, highly performing, and scalable.
- A Site Reliability Engineer typically self-identifies as a “hacker” who uses his ability as a “jack of all trades” to bring to bear some deeper knowledge that’s closer to his interests.
- The ideal candidate has deep knowledge and strong interest in software defined networking and routing, Linux system administration, and approaches it from the perspective of a software engineer.
- Challenges of globally distributed services, deciding what and when state should be shared, and simulating failure scenarios should drive you. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
- You will work with some incredibly talented and passionate developers within an engineering team with a strong technological background as well as working in a small team of SREs, supporting a medium-sized team of software engineers working on building the next generation of Samsung’s administrative interfaces, ad decisioning, delivery, data processing and analytics systems.
- In this position, the chosen candidate is expected to have a hands-on, problem-solving approach and a friendly human-facing side to communicate and manage expectations
Skills and Qualifications
● Empowering your development team with tooling and automation including CI/CD
● Being the Infrastructure and Operation subject matter expert in your team
● Contributing in the global SRE practice
● Co-architect new services, including failure tolerance and self-healing by-design, as well as establishing clear scaling-out paths
● Evaluating and benchmarking new solutions, establishing capacity and growth plans
● Implementing deployment and configuration strategies for new services, including provisioning resources, and go-live
● Administration of services, whether built in-house or from external vendors ● Continuous optimization of services on all layers (hardware, software) for high performance
● Continuous improvement of internal services for ease of packaging, configuration and deployment
● Monitoring of all critical services, sharing pager duty, troubleshooting and addressing problems as they arise (including any needed changes in code, topology, resources, or configuration)
● Backup/DR implementation, plans, documentation and exercises
REQUIRED SKILLS AND/OR EXPERIENCE
● Strong expertise managing Cloud and Kubernetes native applications, CKA as a nice to have
● Strong expertise managing CI/CD pipelines
● Strong understanding of distributed systems and client server architectures ● Experience working in a micro services environment
● Full competency in at least 1 supporting language (Bash, SQL, Python) ● Strong linux system administration and troubleshooting skills, including strong knowledge of how the various components work (kernel, CPU, memory, disk, network)
● Familiarity with configuration management systems
● Familiarity with distributed multi-datacenter 24/7 web systems
● Good communication skills and capacity/willingness to work in a multi-teams environment.
● Be resourceful, inventive and passionate about technologies.
● You are eager to challenge the status quo and willing to learn new programming languages
● Demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks and resolve problems in a timely manner;
● Ability to work autonomously, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment;
● Be proactive, addressing potential problems before they occur;
● Strong attention to detail;
● You have a track record of making things better and leading solutions that remove technical pain points and facilitate growth
● You enjoy working with others who are smart and passionate about building useful, reliable, high-performance products
● Excellent communication skills. The candidate should thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and effectively handle working across different teams and priorities. The candidate should have an entrepreneurial mind-set, taking ownership in creating opportunities, aligning to the yearly plan but also being flexible to take advantage of new opportunities
- Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Boston, MA
Job date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 07:42:35 GMT
Apply for the job now!